"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"







Saturday, December 12, 2009

Prayed Up

"The LORD has heard my cry for mercy; the LORD accepts my prayer." Psalm 6:9
"I call on you, O God, for you will answer me; give ear to me and hear my prayer." Psalm 17:6


Prayer is something so simple, yet we all take it for granted. We have a direct line of communication with God, but we sometimes forget about it. Maybe we don't forget about it, but for some reason we just seem to not truly trust in the fact that He does hear our prayers. Usually it takes something bad to happen in our lives to increase our prayer life. Why is this?
Have you ever woke up and felt like for some reason that you need lots of prayer today? It is a very strange feeling. For some reason, the last few days, I have felt like this. The question is why? Why do I feel like I need more prayer on some days than others? Is God trying to tell me to  increase my prayer life? Is something about to happen that I need to be "prayed up" for?
 
I can't help but ask myself.....Why am I not prayed up all the time? That way when something happens, I am ready and armed!
 
Let's not make something bad happen in our lives to make us be "prayed up" Let's be armed and ready for anything that comes our way on any given day!
 
"The LORD detests the sacrifice of the wicked, but the prayer of the upright pleases him." Proverbs 15:8
 
"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full" Matthew 6:5
 
MAKE SURE YOU ARE "PRAYED UP!"

2 comments:

  1. I think God does prepare you for things to come, but we do always need to be "prayed up" as it has been said. Whatever the case, I pray for you daily and nightly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with what Stacy said. And I too, pray for each of you and your wonderful husbands and sons several times a day! Love you, Gammy

    ReplyDelete