"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"







Saturday, June 5, 2010

A Tribute: Uncle Kip



Kip Clark
1947-2010

"The joy of the Lord is our strength" Nehemiah 8:10


As I am writing this, my heart is heavy and full of extreme sorrow. My heart is broken at this very moment. Yesterday, Matthew's uncle Kip Clark went home to be with our Lord. It is so hard for me to call him "Matthew's uncle" because he was so much more than that. He was my uncle too, and more than just by marriage. Uncle Kip married Matthew and I 5 years ago. Neither one of us wanted anything different, as soon as we started planning our wedding, we both thought of the same person...Uncle Kip. I can't express this enough, he was more than an Uncle, he was our friend, one of our mentors. He made a difference in our lives. He taught us so much by his example. He LOVED the Lord and he LOVED his family, and it was very evident to anyone that knew him.



As an outsider coming into the family, no one made me feel more welcome than Uncle Kip. He loved sports, and so do I , so we bonded right away. I cannot think of a single family gathering where he didn't come up to me and talk to me. He showed interest in everything I did, and everything I was about. Not just me, he always asked about my family as well. The words he would say meant more to me than he will ever know. He was always so encouraging to me.  He would leave me messages and comments on my facebook page that made me feel so loved. He was always encouraging in my job, telling me how proud he was of me in all of our accomplishments. He made a difference in my life and the lives of so many.

"The joy of the Lord is our strength." Nehemiah 8:10

Its pretty amazing the impact he had on so many people. I was looking through his facebook page today and hundreds of comments have been left about his impact. What a legacy he left. Uncle Kip was a runner and  I know he is running on the streets of gold today. I am sure that our heavenly welcomed him with the words, "well done my good and faithful servant!" I will get to see him again!

"The joy of the Lord is our strength." Nehemiah 8:10

He was always a happy guy, and I wanted to share a few photos of him and him with his family.





Him and his beautiful wife, Aunt Vicki




His kids and grandkids


His four kids


The beautiful Grand daughters

He loved to run with his kids



He titled this one.."the one in the green shirt is the happiest"

Poppy's girls
Him and his son Jeff


Uncle Kip, you were an amazing man and left an awesome legacy. You will be truly missed but NEVER forgotten!

"The joy of the Lord is our strength." Nehemiah 8:10



No comments:

Post a Comment