"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"







Monday, October 26, 2009

1st Tooth

Today Nathan is 9 months old!! I can't believe he has been outside of my stomach now for longer than he was inside. Who can have a baby or see a baby born and not believe in God? Having a child has been the most rewarding thing in my life. Nathan has a sign in his room that says "all God's grace in one sweet little face". This is so true!! I have never seen God's grace so up close and personal until he gave me a son. Thank you Lord!

Nathan has been "teething" for a while now . He has been constantly chewing on EVERYTHING, drooling like crazy going through 3 or 4 bibs a day (right Tiffany :) ), and the dreaded diaper findings that go along with it. On Wednesday, while I was at basketball practice, I got a message from Nathan's day care teacher, Tiffany, that his bottom tooth FINALLY broke through!!! YAY NATHAN!!! I was so excited, I could hardly wait to get home so I could see it, and take LOTS of pictures.

When I got out of practice, I hurried as fast as I could to see his tooth. I am not sure what I was expecting. I guess I was expecting a full grown tooth to be popped up where all could see it. Much to my surprise, as soon as I opened his mouth, I could see NOTHING. I was so disappointed. I had to look twice, but I finally saw the cut in his gum where his tooth had gone back down. I just wanted to cry, and so did Nathan, because it has been so painful to him. I took a few pictures that night of his cut! You can't see his tooth, much less the cut in his gum,  but here is one of him from that night.



The next morning, when I woke him to get him all ready for the day, I saw it for the first time!!! It was so small, but I could see a little white thing coming out. I could also feel it. I was so excited!! It has not gone back down since the first night. He won't let me take a picture of it clearly, but here are few that I took tonight. If you look really close, you may see it. If you can't see it, trust me, its there!!






Maybe one day he will let me take a good picture of his newest addition to his smile!




But for now, he will hide his tooth!

Our little guy is growing up so fast. When he was first born, everyone told us to enjoy it, because it goes so quickly. They were right. It does go by so fast! We are loving every minute that we get to spend with this guy.

"We always thank God for you, mentioning you in our prayers." 1 Thessalonians 1:2

1 comment:

  1. I thessalonians 1:2 is the verse I used on yours and your sisters 1st photo with me. Time does fly. Precious pictures.

    ReplyDelete