"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"







Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Let It Shine

Well, here goes......After many requests that have been coming at me for a while now, I decided to start a blog of my own. I have been very hesitant to start this due to several reasons. One, I am not a good writer and two, who cares what I have to say. =) I am not sure exactly what I will write about or how often I will update this, but for now I am just going to write what is on my mind. Let me know your thoughts!

The Lord has been working in my life so much lately. He has been making his presence known to me through scripture, songs, and people throughout the day. Isn't our God awesome! In particular, one verse is really standing out to me.

"In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:16.

Am I really letting my shine before men? At all times throughout the day? It is extrememly difficult sometimes to do this. For example, being swamped at work, feeling so overwhelmed that you barely have time breathe, then something or someone comes up and needs you to do something else. How brightly does my light shine to that person? I laugh at the thought of my fake smile nodding and politely saying "sure!" There are many instances throughout the day that I could go through where I need to be letting my light shine more brightly. What about when you just have the case of the "I don't want to's?" Or what about when you have had a fight with someone you care about, or when someone says something ugly about you. The list goes on and on. The truth is, no matter what our situation, or what is in front of us, we need to be shining our light so that people may see.

I love the song The lost get found by Britt Nicole. Her song talks about this very thing. One line that plays over and over in my head throughout the day is:

"Don't let your lights go down, Don't let the fire burn out, because somewhere, somebody needs a reason to believe. Why don't you rise up now? Don't be afraid to stand out. That's how the lost get found!"


WOW! This is so true. I am working everyday on letting my light shine, so that somebody who needs to see it, will. Hide it under a bushel? NO! I'm going to let it shine!

Here is a link to a video on this song:
http://www.tangle.com/view_video.php?viewkey=905958690165d5c117c0&sp=1

2 comments:

  1. Love the verse - that is one we all know, but forget daily - or at least I do. So glad you are joining the blogging world now - it is so fun, and everyone is a good writer you did right, you just write from your heart and it will speak for itself. =) Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Welcome to blog world. Great post Katie...thanks for the reminder, I know I needed it. Love you guys & look forward to seeing you this weekend @ the big wedding!

    ReplyDelete