"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"







Friday, April 2, 2010

Good Friday

Yesterday was a LONG day for me. Thursday morning, Nathan woke up at 3:00am. He has been waking up in the middle of the night this entire week. He doesn't just wake up and go back to sleep, he wakes up and wants to get up! Needless to say, I have been extremely tired. I left for school around 7:20 that morning. It was an early release day, but I had a track meet that night. The track meet was supposed to be a small quick meet. WRONG!!!! There were a lot of teams there, and it took forever. The wind was also blowing at what seemed like 90 miles an hour. I was beat!

When I got home, Nathan was still awake. I knew this meant bad news, but tried to remain positive. I tried and tried to put him to sleep. He was wide awake. How could this be? He had been up for so long. You would think that he would be as tired as I was. I finally got him to bed around 11:30, hopped in the shower, and was in bed by 12:00. I was hoping and praying that he would sleep all night, but at 2:45, I woke up to his little voice. I went in his room, did my normal night time thing, but it wasn't working. So I tried getting him out of his bed and rocking him back to sleep. Everytime I would get him to sleep, I would put him back in his bed, and as soon as I got in mine, he would wake up again. We fought this until about 4:45, when I finally decided to give up and just put him in bed with me. He fell asleep a little after five and so did I. My alarm clock went off at 7:00, so I turned it off, and was rolling over to stretch before I got out of bed. Next thing I knew, it was 8:00! School started in thirty minutes and here I was just waking up with wet hair from my shower at midnight.

As soon as I stood up, the worst headache in the world hit me. GREAT! All I could think about was how tired I was, how much my head hurt, and how late I was about to be to work. I rushed around the house getting all my stuff together, quickly blow drying my hair, pulling it up, getting dressed, and waking Nathan up, who now decided he wanted to sleep and didn't like me trying to wake him up. We rushed out the door by 8:17, and headed to day care. I dropped Nathan off, then rushed to school. I was only a couple of minutes late.

You can only imagine how grouchy I was. I was so mad that I had no sleep, mad that I had headache, mad that I had overslept, mad that I was late to work, and mad that today was an intercession day. For those of you who don't know what an intercession day is, its a day where we do nothing but TAKS all day long. So incredibly boring!!!

I was so grumpy and in a bad mood that all I kept thinking about was how this was the worst Friday I have had in a long time. I went through the day feeling sorry for myself until I sat down at my desk and read my devotional. Hello Katie, its good friday!!! I started thinking about that. Started thinking about how Jesus died on the cross, started thinking about the days leading up to his death, and how he lived while he was on earth(not getting so upset over little things), started thinking about how he was placed in the tomb, started thinking about how he ROSE from the tomb, started thinking about how thankful I was and how grateful I am, started thinking about how much of an idiot I was being and started realizing that this was in fact a GOOD FRIDAY!!!!! 

My prayer is that I don't get SO easily distracted when things don't go the way I think they should and that I stay focused  on Jesus! Sorry Lord for getting my focus off you and on my own selfish desires. Thank you for dying on the cross and rising again so that I may spend eternity with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment